Centre update – May 2021
With the government announcing their next stage of the roadmap out of lockdown new facilities and activities will be available from Monday 17th May.
There are a number of activities that will be available including booking a gym session, fitness class or lane swim.
We are working to the government’s roadmap plans, so dates and activities may change over time.
A selection of our indoor fitness classes will return from Monday 17th May. In addition to these classes in the centre, there will also be a wide range of OnDemand classes via the InspireAll App.
We continue to review the government guidance and will provide further updates as we need to.
Our opening hours will be:
Monday – Friday
6am – 10pm
7.00am – 7.00pm
7.00am – 7.00pm
Bank holiday opening hours – 10.00am – 7.00pm
To ensure everyone’s safety we will be making masks mandatory in communal areas of the centre. Staff will be wearing masks through the centre. We are asking customers to support us with this by wearing a face covering or mask when making their way through the centre to activities, watching swimming lessons and interacting with staff members. Face coverings are not needed whilst you take part in your activity.
Organised indoor sport and physical activity will only be permitted if it is possible for people to avoid mixing with people they do not live with (or share a support bubble with).
There are exceptions for indoor disability sport, sport for educational purposes and supervised sport and physical activity for under-18s, which can take place with larger groups.
Best practice and code of conduct.
Before you visit the centre, please take some time to read through our expected behaviours and best practice code of conduct. There will be changes and new behaviours needed to enjoy your time at the centre. Please remember they are in place for everyone’s safety. Please take some time to read through them here.
If you are feeling at all unwell, or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not come to the centre. Please review our Health Commitment Statement before your first visit.
Information on centre activities available from Monday 12th April:
Bookings for the gym, classes and swimming will be available online for members 7 days in advance. Please note that our booking terms and conditions have been updated. Latest information can be found here. Please note that prices will increase from 1st April for activities.
The gym will be open for customers, however, you must book in for a workout. This can be done online (select adult fitness session bookable), via telephone or in-person at reception.
- Gym sessions will be limited to 60-minutes, if booking online please note that you can book in 30 minute intervals, you only need to book ONE session.
- The layout of the gym has changed
- Please come dressed for the gym
- Only bring essential items with you.
- Some equipment will have been moved or temporarily unavailable.
- Please make sure you wipe down equipment before and after use and be considerate to other gym users.
- Do not use your own towel to wipe machines down, instead use the blue towel provided.
- Be considerate to other gym users.
The Health Hub will be open for customers, but you must book in for your workout. This can be done online, via telephone or in-person at reception.
6 members are permitted into the Health Hub at any one time.
Please make sure you wipe down equipment before and after use and be considerate to other gym users.
We will be offering lane swimming in our pools for public sessions. We would encourage you to try and swim throughout the day and avoid busy times.
- Lane swimming sessions must be pre-booked, online, via telephone or in person.
- Swimming sessions will be limited to 45 minutes. If you are booking online please note that you can select a time in 30 minute intervals, you only need to book ONE session.
- Please note some sessions may need to be reduced to allow for cleaning to take place.
- Please arrive at the centre ‘swim ready’ with costume under clothing and pre-showered.
- If you need a locker please ensue you have a padlock.
- Double lanes will be a maximum of 10 swimmers per lane.
- Single lanes will be a maximum of 4 swimmers per lane.
- Swimmers will be required to swim lengths without stopping.
- Please maintain social distance between yourself and other swimmers in and around the pool.
- Follow the one way system to enter and exit the pool.
Children’s swimming lessons will return from Monday 12th April 2021.
Things to remember when you attend your swimming lesson;
- We would ask only one parent / carer per child attends with each child.
- Please make sure your child comes dressed ‘swim ready’ for their lesson with their costume under clothing as changing facilities will be limited to pre-showers only.
- When you arrive for your lesson, please observe the one way system to the swimming pool.
- Swimming lesson spectators will be allocated specific waiting zones, guided by a member of the team.
- There will be a dedicated drop off / collection point located on poolside, in clearly identifiable 2m sections.
- Please ensure you come ready to enter poolside without the need for outdoor shoes, as this will not be allowed.
- Teachers will be delivering lessons from poolside and will be adhering to government guidance on social distancing. Any equipment used in lesson will be sanitised before and after each activity.
- This will be achieved simply and effectively by rinsing equipment in the pool.
- The changing village will be open after lessons for a quick dry off and dressing, but no showers will be available. We would ask that you change as quickly as possible and leave the centre promptly after lessons.
Family Swim Sessions
Family swim sessions are available every weekend at the following times;
- Saturday 1.00pm – 2.00pm
- Saturday 3.00pm – 4.00pm
- Sunday 2.00pm – 3.00pm
Each session is limited to 30 swimmers, under 16s must be accompanied by an adult. All spaces must be pre-booked with our reception team at £5.00 per person. Fitness members are free, but must still be booked.
Outdoor Fitness sessions
In place of the classes we will be offering a selection of outdoor fitness sessions with a variety of equipment and bodyweight exercises for all abilities.
These 30 minute sessions should be booked in advance and take place on
- Monday 10am – Conditioning
- Tuesday 6pm – GRIT
- Tuesday 5pm – Youth outdoor sessions (ages 8 – 12 years old)
- Wednesday 10am – Conditioning
- Thursday 6pm – HIIT
- Friday 6.30am – GRIT
- Saturday 9am – HITT
- Sunday 10am – HITT
Things to remember;
- Book your class in advance, online, via telephone or with the reception team.
- Do not arrive too early for your class to avoid congregating in groups.
- There will be a short time between each class to allow customers to enter and exit safely.
- Some of our classes will take place outdoors as well as live stream and remote sessions. Please review the timetable for further information.