Health + Wellbeing
The Health Hub features a range of easy-to-use eGym digital fitness equipment. Users complete a fitness plan based on individual needs, with a 30-minute circuit, based around a hub of easy-to-use, interactive fitness machines.
The equipment is linked to powerful software which will give a unique analysis based on a range of factors including age, strength and weight. With each visit, the analysis is updated and the machines automatically adjust to ensure you are exercising at the optimum rate.
The Health Hub is suitable for anyone, but particularly those who:
- has been advised by a doctor or medical professional to increase their physical activity levels
- has a health condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or any other condition that requires action to reduce its severity
- is obese or morbidly obese
- is over 55 years old and looking for a simple, effective workout in a non-intimidating environment
To find out more about the Health Hub and the eGym circuit, please contact us on 01908 377251.
Exercise Referral Scheme
Do you have a long-term health condition such as poor mental health, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, asthma, or COPD?
If so, you may be able to access our Exercise Referral Scheme which could be the first step to increasing your activity levels and improving your long-term health and wellbeing.
What Does the Exercise Referral Scheme offer?
We will be with you every step of the way;
- One-to-one consultation with one of our exercise referral professionals to discuss your medical conditions, medication, goals and exercise plan.
- Gym induction to show you how to use the equipment following your own personalised plan
- eGym induction
- 6 and 12 week reviews to monitor your progress and update your exercise plan
- Concession membership
How to Get Referred?
Via your GP If you think you might be eligible for the scheme please ask your GP for a referral. You can then pop in, telephone or email Bletchley Leisure Centre to make an appointment. Please bring the completed referral form with you to your first appointment. You can download a copy of the form here
Generation Plus Activities
Join us Monday – Thursday (9.30am – 11.30am) every week for a range of indoor sports including
- Short Tennis – Monday & Wednesday
- Badminton – Tuesday & Thursday
- Table Tennis – Monday – Thursday
- Squash / Racquet ball – Monday – Thursday
- Pickleball – Friday
Physical Activity Guidelines
We all know, mostly, the healthy way to live. Eat our vegetables, finish our fruit, drink water, rest and be active. We cater for a wide and broad audience and each individual need will be personal, however, we all need to hit a desirable level of activity to maintain health but also positively enhance mental health care.
Further information on the specific physical activity guidelines that we should all be achieving, can be downloaded below:
Physical Activity for early years (birth – 5 years old)
Physical Activity for children and young people (5 – 18 years old)
Physical Activity for adults and older adults
Physical Activity for pregnant women
Physical Activity for disabled adults